Are you looking to adopt your FuRRRever kitten(s) or cat(s)? At FuRRR, we carefully screen our applicants to ensure that our kittens and cats go to suitable homes. If you are new to adopting a cat or introducing them to other animals and children that are not familiar with cats, please take a look at our guide in introducing your new member to the family!
https://furrr.org/cat-adoption-application/ – APPLY HERE! (Please read below before applying!)
- Applications take approximately 5 business days to process, sometimes quicker
- PLEASE call your vet and give them permission to speak with FuRRR about your current/previous pets … if you do not your application will NOT be processed
- If you do not have a vet as a reference because you have never had pets or have not had pets in a long time, we will require a “virtual” home visit. This means emailing photos of the interior of your home to show that it is a safe, happy and healthy place for kittens/cats, after submitting your application
- Once approved, you will be notified, and a meet and greet day will be scheduled
- After meet and greets our kittens/cats require a final exam with our vet in order to receive their health certificate for adoption. We hold those appointments every Tuesday afternoon and adoptions begin Tuesday evening at approximately 6:30 pm depending on our volunteer’s availability (please be flexible as our volunteers also work and we have many adoptions each week)
- You are required to bring an approved carrier (preferably hard-sided/standard 24” for adult or 2 small kittens) and adequate size to the adoption, no exceptions or you will not be permitted to take your new kitten/cat home
- Adoptions are held at the rescue in Gonic, not in stores, we accept exact cash, check, or debit/credit card for an adoption donation. (There is a $5 fee for debit/credit)
- You will receive a folder of vetting records for your kitten/cat, please make sure to read the “Taking Your New Kitty Home” page in the front of the folder immediately
All kittens/cats at FuRRR are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations for their age, combo tested for FIV/FeLV, microchipped, and a Health Certificate from a licensed NH veterinarian.
Once an application is received, the kitten/cat will be placed on hold while we process but this DOES NOT guarantee approval. We hold meet and greets with approved applications only. Our policy is strictly NO DECLAWING and INDOOR ONLY.
Note on Kittens: Kittens under six months are available for adoption in PAIRS ONLY; We do get kittens that are available as a single IF they are going home to another kitten or young cat under 3 years old. Many kittens come to us as bonded siblings and we will not separate them. Please read our article regarding why we have this policy in place.
2020 Adoption Fees
- Kittens to 1 yr: $195
- Adult cats 1+ yr to 4 yr: $135
- Adult cats 4+ yr to 8 yr: $85
- Cats 8+ yr: $45
- Senior (Humans 65+) for Senior (Cats 8+) Program: $25
A friendly reminder! Please remember that we are an all-volunteer organization with jobs and families. It may take a few days or longer at times to respond to you. Your patience is appreciated!